Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Blueberries and Zucchini

Today we were up bright and early to go blueberry picking which the whole family was excited to go do. 15 minutes into picking I have kids pretending to be camping under the blueberry bushes, building a campfire out of found bark and wearing their buckets as hats. Needless to say they were having fun and I knew where they were. 1 hour later we were done; our buckets were full and we were heading home.
I freeze my blueberries on cookie sheets first and then freeze them in ice cream pails so I can scoop them out as I need them. Today we have 42 Cups of blueberries that is around three pails. A quick hint (thanks grandma) cut a piece of wax paper to fit the top of your container to help curb any freezer burn. While my blueberries were freezing up I grated some zucchini(14 cups) for one of my honeys favorite treats zucchini bread. All in all I feel like I have had a productive morning and kids had fun too!

No comments: